Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Daily Question: 2/2/11

Which do you think is a better roadmap of history artifacts of the humanities (art, music, dance, theatre, literature, philosophy, architecture, etc) or political/military conflicts? Why?


      In my perspective, a better road-map of history is the political or military conflicts. I still think that artifacts of the humanities are important because they show the developed of cultures, but I feel that political and military events show more events that effected the world and how people, technology, and weaponry have developed. For example, in class we learned about two of the oldest artifacts in history and I have never really heard of either one. I had absolutely never heard of the Venus of Willendorf, and I knew that there were cave paintings, but not on the scale of the ones found in France with only hunts painted in them. Saying that, I do know many historical events such as Word War I and II, the Civil War, Korean War. I feel that the political and historical events have been a base of the world today. On the political standpoint, if you think about all the presidents, each individual president passes stuff on to and shapes how the country will be during his time period for the next  man in office. I also think that all these political and military events show the majority of the countries in the world, whereas the artifacts of humanities mainly show the beginning countries of the world. Even though the artifacts of humanities were important, but the political and military events effected the world in a much greater view in my perspective. 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment